Cumulative Record Card (CRC)
Q. Cumulative Record Card (CRC)
The Cumulative Record Card is a type of document which contains a comprehensive picture of the history and personality of the child from the day he enters school till he leaves it. It is prepared by the teacher about all aspects of the child’s life – academic, physical, mental, social, moral, and psychological.
As per Guidance Handbook for Secondary School – “Cumulative Record Card is a method for recording, filling and using information essential to the guidance of students.”
As per Jones – A cumulative record is a permanent record of a student which is kept up to date by the school. It is his educational history with information about his school achievements, attendance, health, test scores, and similar data.
As per Allens – “A cumulative record is a record of information concerned with appraisal of the individual pupil kept on a card and in one place.”
Characteristics and Nature of Cumulative Record Card
- Includes all type of information about every aspect of the student’s life.
- It provides all types of objective and impartial information of the student. WYSWYG. i.e. What You See Is What You Get. It is a reflection of his personality.
- It provides up to date information.
- Definite information related to the pupil is included.
- It is the complete picture of the child – achievements, abilities as well as drawbacks.
Need and Purpose of Cumulative Record Card
- Betterment and overall progress and personality development of the child.
- To provide useful information to Teacher or Guide that will help them make out problem areas and start the remedial programme to speed up their development in the right direction.
- The records provide data for objective evaluation of the pupil.
- The use of CRC avoids duplication of efforts.
Content of Cumulative Record Card
- Identifying data.
- Home and family background.
- Health data.
- Results of achievement test. i.e. year wise.
- Attendance record.
- Special abilities and attitudes.
- Results of Intelligence tests.
- Any desirable/undesirable trait of character.
- Record of co-curricular activities.
- Personal opinion of Class Teacher, Counsellor, Subject Teacher, Head of the Institution.
Advantages, Uses and Usefulness of Cumulative Record Card
- For guidance purpose
- Complete evaluation of the child
- To know the students
- In migration cases
- For selection and promotion and rewarding.
- With the help of CRC, the Teacher, guide, counselor can discover the special abilities of the student which are to be developed.
- Career guidance and selection of profession
- Useful for employers
- Useful for the police whole investigating crimes.
- For progress of socially backward students.
- Useful in preparing progress reports and character certificates.
Limitations of Cumulative Record Card
- Good care is not taken in recording all the information accurately and objectively.
- Files are not properly maintained.
- Certain information may not always be available.
- Causes or reasons for guidance
- Individual and social need for guidance
- Meaning of Guidance, explain concept , characteristics and nature of guidance
- Problems of Guidance
- Qualities and role of a school counselor
- Blanks as a Tools and Technique in Guidance and Counselling
- Group Guidance and counselling
- Personal Guidance and counseling
- Difference between guidance and counselling
- Role of School in Guidance