Difference between Achievement Test and Diagnostic Test
Q. Difference between Achievement Test and Diagnostic Test.
- Objective is to locate extent of mastery or learning objectives.
- Purpose is selection, gradation, promotion, classification, research, etc.
- It is evaluated in terms of scores/remarks.
- Items/Students are analyzed on the basis of correct answers.
- It may be quantitative or qualitative in nature depending on the skill being assessed.
- Scoring and interpretation is relatively easy.
- Subject specialists are not required.
- Both Essay type and objective type of tests can be used.
- During construction, sampling of the matter is done.
- Objective is to locate the specific weaknesses in the learning of a content.
- Purpose is remedial teaching and instruction.
- Does not necessarily provide concrete single scores.
- Items/Students are analyzed on the basis of wrong responses.
- It is always purely qualitative in nature.
- Scoring and interpretation is difficult.
- Subject specialists are required.
- Essay type tests cannot be used for diagnosis.
- During construction ALL the teaching-learning points are covered.