Q. Questionnaire and it’s characteristics
As per Good & Hatt – “In general, the word Questionnaire refers to a device for securing answers to questions by using a form which the respondent fills in himself.”
Types of questionnaire
- Having Closed questions – Yes-No type of questions. Objectivity is present and they are quick and easy to complete and analyse.
Eg. Do you like music? (Yes/No).
- Having Open or Descriptive Questions – They take more time to answer. Difficult to analyse as a lot of subjectivity seeps in.
Eg. Describe your best friend’s qualities.
Characteristics of questionnaire
- Should be based on objectives and not very lengthy.
- Questions should be clear, specific and attractive.
- Instructions should be provided before starting.
- Questions should be arranged sequentially from easy to difficult and from general to specific.