Q. Individual counseling
It is mainly done through interview
It deals with consultation, mutual interchange of ideas, opinion & deliberating together
- Get information
- Give information
- Change behavior
Individual need of guidance/counselling
Academic Growth – Guidance moulds children into the adults they grow up to become. All educational institutes provide education which is nothing but a form of guidance.
- Development of abilities and skills – Every child has some hidden talent and potentials that can be drawn out and developed through guidance.
- Removal of subject matter difficulties – A person may have certain disabilities, difficulties or phobias. Guidance is needed to bring him out of these fears so that he may lead a life of normalcy and progress.
- For Self-understanding – Guidance helps a person to accept his shortcomings, overcome his complexes, realize his potentials and love himself for who he is.
Consists of getting facts, making diagnosis on the basis of the facts 7 formulating an appropriate plan of action
Used when the client has a personal problem, making personal plans, taking decisions
The topic for interview differs from client to client.
- Change of subject
- Guidance at bifurcating stage
- availability of courses
- co curricular activities
- free studentship & fee concession
- unfair means case
- difficulties at home
- harassment by other students
- misunderstanding with some teachers
- love affairs
- Prospects after completion of studies
- living in hostels
- How to study?
- How to prepare for examination?
- Decide what is to be accomplished
- know the interviewee
- Make appointments
- 4.period of privacy
- Practice taking the interviewee’s point of views empathize
- know your own personality ; be objective
- Conducting the interview
- Establish rapport
- Help the client feel as ease 7 ready to talk
- Help the client obtain & organize meaningfully the information he needs in his choice making activity
- Ask unambiguous questions
- Learn to listen
- Keep control of the interview
- At the close of the interview, watch for the additional information or new leads in the casual remarks of the client
- Development insight &putting them to work
- Termination of the contact
- Follow Up
- Counselling for children with special needs
- Parents counseling
- Problems of Guidance
- Qualities and role of a school counselor
- Blanks as a Tools and Technique in Guidance and Counselling
- Group Guidance and counselling
- Personal Guidance and counseling
- Explain eclectic counselling
- Explain non-directive counselling
- Explain directive counselling