Advantages of team teaching
The full value of team teaching remains to be measured. The main advantages are as follows
- It can be best utilized in the step of evaluation. In this, all teacher get opportunity of evaluating the task of every teacher.
- Co-operative planning among teachers for effective teaching is one of the major advantages.
- Utilization of each teacher’s competencies or talents for the improvement of teaching.
- Utilization of instructional material or technical equipment for teaching is another advantage.
- Team teaching is useful for the in-service, professional growth of teachers.
- It provides many opportunities to the member- students for participating in the discussion.
- It provides stimulus to the ideas of the pupils and teachers.
- Team- Teaching develops the strong will and responsibility of participating among the pupils and teachers.
- Human relations are very essential for social adjustment. Traditional teaching lacks human relations. It provides opportunities of developing human relations.
- It also develops the professional status of the teachers because this provides them the opportunity of reading new literature.
- The team-teacher’s main contribution is that the pupils can have maximum opportunities of facing maximum specialists. Hence, the pupils can gain the advantage of specific knowledge of the different teachers.
- It is economically useful in terms of time and energy.
- The main utility is the improvement in the quality of instruction.
- In it a specialist provides the instructions.
- It helps in better utilization of staff-members.
- It helps to eliminate boredom of one teacher approach and motivates students to learning through variety of approaches from different persons.
- It helps to solve the individual problems of the students.
- It provides occasions of learning to teachers from each other