Q. Unit Plan
Definition – “A detailed plan on how a particular topic will be conducted, including pupil activities, and to meet the objectives.”.
Principles to keep in mind –
- Why to teach – Objectives.
- What to teach – Content.
- How to teach – Method.
- Did they learn and how much they learnt – Evaluation.
Steps of Unit-Plan
- Selection of Objectives – Determine general purpose or goal of the unit.
- Content analysis – Pedagogical analysis of which topic will best bring about the planned objective.
- Learning Experiences – Teacher-pupil activities and methods of teaching.
- Evaluation or evidence for Achievement – Determine if the objectives were attained and to what extent mastery was achieved.
Merits of Unit-Plan
- To enable the teachers to work continuously and effectively throughout the academic year for all the units.
- Teaching learning process becomes more effective.
- Give proper learning experiences in an integrated manner to the students.
- Fulfill certain objectives of that level.
Essential Features of Unit-Plan
- References: .
At the end of the plan, proper references should be given because the student cannot be directed to further study related to the proper unit.
- The Evaluation: .
The evaluation will be objective based.
- The Teaching Sequence: .
It indicates the sequence of the teaching activities and the time relationship of the development of ideas.
- Methods and Procedures: .
Methods and Procedures are the vehicles for child’s experiences. If the king and quality of child’s experiences are carefully studied and planned in a systematic way in advance the results will probably be for better so the teacher should select and employ method and procedures very carefully.
- The Material Needed: .
It is essential feature of unit planning. The material needed includes the reading materials laboratory apparatus, films slides, chemicals and other related material.
- The content of the Unit: .
It should indicate clearly that what content is to be included in the unit? .
- Objectives of the Unit: .
A clear cut statement of the objective of a unit- plan should be formulated at the outset. The statement should be recorded as an essential part of his plan; it will give direction to the choice of experiences proposed later on.
- The principles of effective teaching
- Meaning and advantages of Year-Plan / Annual-Plan
- Illustrate maxims of teaching?
- Explain Observation Technique
- Principle and advantages of microteaching
- Micro-teaching and its procedure
- Functions of teaching
- Explain lecture method of teaching
- What do you mean by teaching? What are the characteristics of an effective teacher?
- Constructivism & its application in teaching-learning