B.Ed Second Year Notes English Medium
Q. In-service training
As per Cane – “All those activities and courses which aim at enhancing and strengthening the professional knowledge, interests and skills of serving teachers.”
In-service education includes such new courses whose fruitfulness and validity have been tested and which may enhance the knowledge, interests and attitudes of serving teachers.
A teacher should always be learning himself as learning is a life-long process. Updating skills. Variety of teachers who have done different pre-service courses work together in school. So levels of proficiency will differ. So to bring about the uniformity. New trends and technology and methods
LONG-TERM COURSES – M.Ed., M.Phil., Phd., Computer Diploma, Language diploma, Educational Administration, Educational Management etc.
SHORT TERM (up to 3 months) – Orientation, Refresher, Computers, intensive language brushing up
OBJECTIVES/NATURE/MERITS/IMPORTANCE (modifies grammar of answer and writes same points for all options)
1) To increase professional knowledge
2) To increase professional skills
3) To develop right attitude towards profession.
4) To develop interest towards teaching profession.
5) To familiarize/revise with code of conduct and ethics of education.
6) To update their skills in new technologies.
7) To update professional skills such as administrative skills,, leadership skills, management skills, organizational skills, etc.
8) Activities such as attending seminars, workshops, symposiums.
9) Provide incentives to teachers to function more efficiently.
10) To help teachers know their problems and solve them by pooling resources and wisdom.
11) To help teachers to employ more effective methods of teaching.
12) To help teachers to get acquainted with modern techniques of teaching in education.
13) To broaden mental outlook of teachers.
14) To upgrade teacher’s knowledge and understanding of the concept.
15) To increase professional efficiency of teachers.
16) To eliminate deficiencies in Teacher’s preparation.
17) Assist those who are new in school and those who are undertaking a new level or field of work.
18) Promote continuous improvement of Teachers and Training.
19) They can learn to manage and control students better.
20) Provides a platform for all to get together and share experiences and ideas.