Functions/Role of Education Director (not the same as Directorate)
He is the highest executive responsible for the educational administration of the entire state.
A. On-the-job functions –
- Administer education at all levels of the state
- Frame policies, proposals and submit to the Secretary for approval.
- Organize training programs for primary and secondary teachers.
- Guidance to all educational institutions of the state.
- Advise Education Minister about entire state education.
B. Publish, Present and Implement –
- Yearly expenditure budget to state government
- Report of ZP to state govt. about free & compulsory primary education with recommendations.
- Notices issued by the secretary of education.
- Educational progress report of state government.
- Educational policies, planning and give orders according to it.
C. Determine, Sanction and Disburse grants and special grants in aid to –
- State Universities
- Local Bodies
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Privately managed institutions
D. Supervise, Control and Guide –
- Work of state government
- Educational Officers
- Private institutions for their academic progress.
E. Representative functions –
- Chairman of the State Board of Secondary Education.
- Member of Executive Council of State Universities.
- Represents Government on University Committees.
F. Appointments of –
- “A” and “B” Grade Officers.
- Educational Officers and Deputy Educational Officers of ZP and Corporation Schools