Concept of Total Quality Management
B.Ed Notes English Medium
Concept of Quality management and SWOT Analysis.
Q. Concept of Quality Management (Total Quality Management) and Excellence in Education
Achieving quality education is possible only when educational services/products meet needs and expectations, give value for time and efforts and lead to true all-round development of the child – physical, mental, social, moral, spiritual, etc.
For this we must follow Total Quality Management wherein the entire institution i.e. management, principal, supervisor, teachers, non-teaching staff, parents, pupil, all work as a harmonious unit to achieve results.
Principles of quality management
1) Child is the center – Focus should be on the student and his needs, wants, way of life, goals, etc.
2) School is system-oriented – The school comprises of several inter-dependent factors that all work together in an integrated manner to achieve success.
3) Team Work – Cooperation and esprit de corps foster the spirit of oneness for harmonious working and better results.
4) Cooperative Management – The management must understand and empathize with issues faced by personnel at all levels. This creates a sense of belonging amongst the work force.
5) Human Resources Development – Constant training and extension services are needed to keep the staff up to date and proficient.
6) Future Planning – Think in terms of goal and objectives both long-term and short-term.
7) Leadership – The leader is the captain of the ship. He gives proper direction and holds all the threads together.
Process/Steps (Mentions only if you have time available)
1) Develop Customer Focus (students)
2) Identify Customers
3) Identify Needs
4) Plan process
5) Implement process
6) Evaluate Results