The Block Education Officer works at the Taluka level
Functions of Block Education Officer
- Main function is to administer, supervise, inspect, guide and control education at the taluka level.
- To provide all the educational information to the people concerned with it.
- To provide educational material and teaching aids to the primary schools at taluka level.
- To inspect all the secondary schools, ashram schools, and at least 5 primary schools of that taluka and to send the inspection report to the District Educational Officer.
- To organize different national and educational programmes in the school with the help of Extension Educational Officer who is the link between district and taluka levels.
- To keep control on the work of Extension Education Officer.
- To work for the qualitative development of the schools.
- To keep control on the work of all the private primary schools of that taluka.