Characteristics of a Good Textbook
Characteristics of a Good Textbook.
External Expects of a Good Textbook:-
- Cover page:-
- Back cover page:-
- Letter size:-
- Book size:-
Internal Aspects of a Good Textbook:-
- Curriculum and achievement of objectives.
- Index: – should mention sub-points and page no.
- organization of subject or topic in textbooks
- Subject area should be correct and accurate.
- Psychological development and their interest should be taken in to consideration
- Chapter should be written according to units.
- Proper figures, pictures, formula etc.
- It should suggest practical and activities for students.
- Core elements and values:- should contain proper examples and e.g. for inculcating the ten core values.
- Language:- should be simple and suitable for students.
Exercise:- it should contains exercises.