Principle and advantages of microteaching
Q. Principle of microteaching
The steps of the Microteaching procedure are based on the sequence involved in behavior modification formulated by McDonald.
The steps of Micro teaching are: .
Step-1: This involves stating the behavior in operational terms.
Step-2: This refers to fixing of the criteria for measuring behaviors.
Step-3: In this step the entry behavior of the individual is measured to know the point of initial start.
Step-4: This involves the actual treatment of behavior modification.
Step-5: The post-treatment measures of changed behavior are obtained. The difference between the measures of pre and post treatments indicates the extent of behavior modification.
The cycle is repeated till desired level of behavior is obtained.
Advantages of microteaching
- Micro teaching focuses on sharpening and developing specific teaching skills and eliminating errors.
- Micro teaching enables understanding of behaviors important in classroom teaching.
- Micro teaching increases the confidence of the learner teacher.
- Micro teaching is a vehicle of continuous training applicable at all stages not only to teachers at the beginning of their career but also for more senior teachers.
- Microteaching enables projection of model instructional skills.
- Microteaching provides expert supervision and a constructive feedback and above all if provides for repeated practice without adverse consequences to the teacher or his students.