Q. Characteristics Of Learning
- Learning is a process which is continuous & it never stops at any phase. It is a lifelong process hence learning starts from birth & ends only with the death of an individual. Hence we can say that learning proceeds from womb to tomb. E.g. when a child takes birth he first learns to cry for food, and at each phase of life at every step the child learns to walk, run, talk, write alphabets etc.
- Learning is the process which leads to mental growth of an individual. The growth takes place along with the learning.
- Basically when learning takes place the individual learns to adjust & adopt with the environment.
- Learning is purposeful. Though learning takes place at every place & at every moment all the learning are not useful. Hence those learning which are useful & meaningful are learnt.
- Learning is active process. Learning by doing is the best part of learning e.g. it becomes easy for the science students to learn the concepts in science when they perform practical.
- Learning takes place individually & as well as socially e.g. When a seminar or workshop is conducted, then all the members of the group learn to share their thoughts, each one learns something new from the other individual.
- Last but not the least learning brings about the change in the behavior in individual e.g. a child is always taught values & manners, & due to this teachings, a child learns to respect their elders & teachers, learns to speak politely etc. which bring about the change in his behavior as the child grows.