Object method of teaching Geography
Object method in teaching Geography
A Method of Teaching is a process of planning, guiding, sharing and evaluating learning with a group of students. It is a procedure the teacher follows to make learning easy and effective.
There are several methods of teaching Geography of which we will see the Object Method.
In this method, the concentrated focus is on a single particular abstract or concrete concept or topic and the entire lesson is developed around it.
Merits of object Method
- Generates interest in the students.
- Imparts thorough knowledge of that concept as most areas are covered.
- It is a less expensive method.
- Advantageous to the Teacher too as she can focus on one topic at a time.
- More useful for the higher classes of 11th & 12th.
- Teaching aids can be used.
- There is scope for discussing as leading questions can be asked.
Limitations of object Method
- Not very useful for lower classes as not many aspects of one topic will be taught at one time.
- Teacher must have deep and thorough knowledge about all areas of the topic.
- It is generally not used in daily teaching and can be time consuming.
- Not useful for all the 5 branches of Geography.