Preamble of Indian constitution
Preamble of Indian Constitution is the key to open the mind of the makers, and shows the general purpose for which they made the several provision in the Indian Constitution.
Preamble help us to understand the objectives of the Indian Constitution. Preamble of Indian Constitution shows following points regarding the Constitution :-
- Source of Indian Constitution
- Objectives of Indian Constitution
- Nature of Indian Constitution
- Law of enforcement of Indian Constitution
- Date of adaption of Indian Constitution
The preamble of the constitution is to be looked to understand the thoughts of the constitution drafters, to understand the character of India.
The Indian Constitution drafters enacted such, constitution which can assist in complete development of the citizen of India. The Constitution drafters had in mind the structure of creating such India –
- Which is Sovereign
- Which has Socialist Character
- Which is Secular
- Where Democratic republic is established
- Where there is freedom of speech, expression, faith, religion and worship.
- Where all can obtain social, economic and political justice.
- Where everyone has equal opportunity
- Where unity and integrity of India is secured.
- Where fraternity is promoted
All these perceptions have been identified in the Preamble of Indian constitution.
Preamble of Indian Constitution –
We the people of India having solemnly resolved to constitute India into a Sovereign Socialist, Democratic, Republic and to secure all its citizens.
Justice, social, economic and political.
Liberty of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship.
Equality of status and of opportunity and to promote among them all.
Fraternity assuming the dignity of the individual and the unity and the integrity of the Nation.
In our Constitution Assembly this twenty sixth day of November, 1949 do Hereby Adopt, Enact and Give to Ourself this Constitution.
- Merits and demerits of democracy – Yogiraj study notes
- Right to assemble as per constitution of India
- Characteristics of constitution of India
- The State Legislature
- Local Government – Panchayats
- Judiciary – The High Court
- Judiciary – The Supreme Court
- Centre – State Relations
- Indian Federalism, Federal and Non – Federal Features
- Electoral System